Tuesday, April 5, 2011

episode 2: Heartbeats



"One night to be confused. One night to speed up truth, we had a promise made . . . We were in love . . ."

Song #2

I found it important, as I felt ready to start shedding the old skin of my relationship, that it was important to connect with the good times, even though I knew that might be painful.

So, I went through photos of the fun times I'd had with my partner and I went to my iTunes collection and looked up those songs that I thought might just crack me right in half, and I listened to them while I did yoga and walked in nature, slowly untwisting the deeply embedded knots from my body and my spirit.

I had a break-up many years ago that was deeply painful and it was over a year before I could listen to bjork's Vespertine. This time, I had the energetic and emotional luxury of really going to the heart of my emotions, and music was a powerful doorway to pass into it. The music did bring up a lot of emotions, and though I didn't want to wallow in them, it felt really important to allow myself to grieve.

Not only was it important to be real with my feelings, it felt important to honor the passing of such a powerful relationship.

It was intense, and incredibly satisfying to be able to let go. For me, this was the only way. I was inspired that it might be helpful for you too . . .

So, you're cordially invited to continue to join me for my SOUNDTRACK THROUGH A BREAK-UP: A Victorious LOVE Story.

Hope you enjoy this next song!
Song #2

No comments:

Post a Comment